- CopyrightsThe copyright in all materials provided on this Site is held by SOT or by the original creator of the material. All content and functionality on the Site, including text, graphics, logos, icons, and images and the selection and arrangement thereof, is the exclusive property of SOT or the copyright owners and is protected by Hong Kong and international copyright laws. None of the materials may be copied, reproduced, distributed, republished, downloaded, displayed, posted or transmitted in any form or by any means, including, but not limited to, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording or otherwise, without the prior written permission of SOT or the copyright owner. All rights not expressly granted are reserved.
- TrademarksThe trademarks, service marks, designs, and logos (collectively, the “Trademarks”) used and displayed on this Site are the registered and unregistered Trademarks of SOT and its licensors. The name SOT and any other Trademarks shall not be used in any way, including in advertising or publicity pertaining to distribution of materials on this Site, without prior written permission from SOT or its Trademarks owners. Nothing on this Site should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel or otherwise, any license or right to use any Trademark or any other SOT intellectual property displayed on this Site. SOT also prohibits use of SOT and any other Trademarks as part of a link to or from any site unless establishment of such a link is approved in advance by SOT in writing.
- Use of site contentSOT hereby grants you a non-exclusive, non-transferable license for the term hereof to access and download, display, and print one copy of the content and functionality displayed on this Site (the “Site Content”) on a single computer solely for your personal or internal business use, provided that you do not modify the materials and that you retain all copyright and other proprietary notices contained in the materials. You may not otherwise reproduce, modify, distribute, transmit, post, or disclose the Site Content without prior written consent by SOT.
- User postingsYou acknowledge and agree that SOT shall own and have the unrestricted right to use, publish, in electronic form and otherwise, distribute and exploit any and all information that you post or otherwise publish on this Site (the “Submissions”), and you hereby waive any claims against SOT for any alleged or actual infringements of any rights of privacy or publicity, moral rights, or rights of attribution in connection with SOT use and publication of the Submissions. This means that anything submitted by you to this Site will be owned by SOT and may be used by SOT for any purpose, now or in the future, without any payment to, or further authorization by you. In the event SOT’ ownership of such Submissions is successfully contested, you automatically grant SOT a perpetual, royalty-free, non-exclusive, sublicensable, unrestricted, worldwide and irrevocable right and license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, translate, prepare derivative works based upon, distribute, perform or display such Submissions, in whole or in part, in any form, media or technology known or hereafter developed for any purpose, including, but not limited to, advertising and promotional purposes. SOT expressly disclaims any and all liability related to Submissions, and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Submissions shall be at your sole option, liability and risk. You covenant that you shall not post or otherwise publish on this Site any materials that (a) are threatening, libellous, defamatory, or obscene; (b) would constitute, or that encourage conduct that would constitute, a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate law; (c) infringe the intellectual property, privacy, or other rights of any third parties; (d) contain a computer virus or other destructive element; (e) contain advertising; or (f) constitute or contain false or misleading statements. SOT does not and cannot review all information posted to this Site by users and is not responsible for such information. However, SOT reserves the right to refuse to post and the right to remove any information, in whole or in part, for any reason or for no reason.
- Notices of infringement and takedownSOT prohibits the posting of any information that infringes or violates the copyright rights and/or other intellectual property rights (including rights of privacy and publicity) of any person or entity. If you believe that your intellectual property right (or such a right that you are responsible for enforcing) is infringed by any content on this Site, please notify SOT of your copyright infringement claim in accordance with the following procedure:
- identification of the copyrighted work and/or intellectual property right claimed to have been infringed;
- identification of the allegedly infringing material on the Site that is requested to be removed;
- your name, address, and daytime telephone number, and an e-mail address if available;
- a statement that you have a good faith belief that the use of the copyrighted work and/or exercise of the intellectual property right is not authorized by the owner, its agent, or the law;
- a statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and, under penalty of perjury, that the signatory is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the right that is allegedly infringed; and
- the signature of the intellectual property right owner or someone authorized on the owner’s behalf to assert infringement of the right.
The notifications of claimed copyright infringement should be sent to:
Sense of Touch
1-5F, 52 D’Aguilar Street, Lan Kwai Fong, Central, Hong Kong
SOT will process notices of alleged infringement which it receives and will take appropriate action upon receipt of such a statement. Under appropriate circumstances, persons who repeatedly submit infringing or unlawful material will be prohibited from posting further submissions.
- DisclaimersThe content and functionality on this site is provided with the understanding that SOT is not herein engaged in rendering professional advice and services to you. All content and functionality on this site is provided “as is,” without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including, without limitation, implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. SOT and its third-party content providers make no warranties, express or implied, as to the ownership, accuracy, or adequacy of the site content. SOT shall have no liability or responsibility for any information published on linked websites, contained in any user submissions published on the site, or provided by third parties. Neither SOT nor its third-party content providers shall be liable for any indirect, incidental, consequential, or punitive damages or for lost revenues or profits, whether or not advised of the possibility of such damages or losses and regardless of the theory of liability.
- Limitation of liabilityUnder no circumstances shall SOT or any of its predecessors, successors, parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, shareholders, investors, employees, agents, representatives, attorneys and their respective heirs, successors and assigns be liable for any damages, including direct, incidental, punitive, special, consequential or exemplary damages that directly or indirectly result from the use of, or the inability to use, this site or the information contained on this site or obtained from your use of this site, including for viruses alleged to have been obtained from the site, even if SOT has been advised of the possibility of such damages. In no event shall SOT’ or any of its predecessors’, successors’, parents’, subsidiaries’, affiliates’, officers’, directors’, shareholders’, investors’, employees’, agents’, representatives’ and attorneys’ and their respective heirs’, successors’ and assigns’ total liability to you for all damages, losses, and causes of action whether in contract, tort (including, but not limited to, negligence) or otherwise exceed $1. some jurisdictions may not allow the exclusion of implied warranties in which case some of the above exclusions may not apply to all users.
- Governing law and jurisdictionThese Terms are governed by the laws of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region without reference to the principles of conflicts of laws thereof. You expressly agree that exclusive jurisdiction resides in the courts of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region. You further agree and expressly consent to the exercise of personal jurisdiction in the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region in connection with any dispute or claim involving SOT. If any part of these terms is unlawful, void, or unenforceable, that part will be deemed severable and will not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions.